Friday, April 5, 2013

Some fucker stole my wallet.


June 1, 2008

K and I went to a rock festival today. It was sort of a "battle of the bands" kind of thing, a competition between rock groups from different local universities. Our friends who have their own band were playing, so we went. The festival wasn't that great, mainly because the sound equipment was so bad that even the groups that were good sounded terrible. However, it was a beautiful day, and we had a good time hanging out with the guys and people-watching. Unfortunately, on our way to the festival, we took a marshrutka. These are notorious places for thieves, so I'm usually pretty careful with my things. I had my wallet in the outer pocket of my backpack - which was a pretty horrible place for it - but, I was holding tight to the zipper so no one could get into it. Then the marshrutka swerved suddenly, knocking me of balance, and I let go of my bag just long enough to grab the bar and steady myself. My hand was off it for about ten, maybe fifteen seconds max... and yep, it got snagged. Luckily, I didn't have much money in it (maybe $15 worth of soms) and my credit cards were at home in my apartment. Sadly, my driver’s license was in there (which will be a bitch to replace, I suspect) as was my social security card (why I brought it with me, I don't know... why I never took it out, I also don't know, but I signed it when I was in third grade, so I won't be too sad to get a new one with an up-to-date signature). I'm mainly pissed because my wallet was where I kept my spare battery for my camera... and now I don't have an extra one. Grrr. Also, I'd had that wallet for 6 years and it was nice, dammit.

No comments:

Post a Comment