Sunday, April 21, 2013

Send Pepto.

August 17, 2008

Well, okay, you probably shouldn’t send me pepto, as by the time it got here I’d be back in the US. But I bet you can guess what happened. Yep, I had ANOTHER case of food poisoning or stomach flu or giardia or whatever the hell it is that I keep getting. This one wasn’t as severe as the previous three times, but it was made worse by the fact that I worked through it all. (Yes, this included running out in the middle of class…) Anyway, the week was pretty much a wash due to being ill and the fact that I had to work on Wednesday to make up for the day of work I missed because of being sick the previous week. Boo.

This weekend my friends and I had planned a super-cool trip to Song Kol, a high mountain lake which is supposedly one of the most beautiful places in Kyrgyzstan. Well, they went; I stayed here nursing my stomach. At least after four days of yogurt I’m back on solid foods again.

In a fit of boredom I did something I hadn’t done in a good three years: I dyed my hair. Blonde. And not a natural blonde, but a crazy bright yellow. And almost instantaneously I had creepy guys hitting on me through my window. In eight months of living here, I had NEVER had anyone bother me through my window before. Seriously, WTF is it with guys and blonde hair? Or with creepy drunken dudes thinking that a girl is going to give her phone number to a strange guy harassing her from the street, ripping a hole in her plastic window-covering and trying to steal her cat? I ended up having to sleep with my windows closed, which meant cutting out the ventilation from the cool night air. Sigh. Nobody ever fucked with me when I had black hair; there’s probably a lesson in this somewhere.

 photo blonde_zps94fdf616.jpg
Yep, absurdity reigns.

 photo fullmoon_zps19e93758.jpg
Although there might be another explanation for the behaivour of those dudes... Yes, a full moon. And that little glowy spot is Venus.

No comments:

Post a Comment