Monday, November 5, 2012

Snegarrific! Plovarrific!

January 13, 2008

Sneg means snow, and today it's snowing away. I should be planning my lessons for tomorrow, but instead I've braved the elements to come to the internet cafe in order to share the miscellany of my past week with you.

Photobucket
On Wednesday, I got to pick up my official certificate of AIDS-lessness

Photobucket
I decided to rearrange my bedroom in an attempt to make it more homey.
Not sure that I succeeded.
Photobucket
I removed the rather gross rug from my living room/kitchen floor. This picture was taken after I'd swept THREE times. I kid you not. It was filthy under there.
Photobucket
So filthy, in fact, that I had to get on my hands and knees and attack the floor with cleaner.

Photobucket
On Saturday, some of friends of my fellow teachers at TLS made plov. They're from the city of Osh in southern K-stan, and claim that therefore they make the best plov. 

Photobucket
Plov!

Photobucket
Plov party :-)

Photobucket
My favorite Russian chocolate ever... readily available in Bishkek!

No comments:

Post a Comment