Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Keeping you cats up to date


February 14, 2008

Well, not much of note has happened in the last week, I’m sad to say. I got the flu, and as a result didn’t teach my afternoon classes on Friday, and spent both Saturday and Sunday in bed feeling thoroughly miserable. Luckily, J lent me the entire first season of Monk on DVD, so I had something to entertain me in my misery. Because I wasn’t able to teach my afternoon classes on Friday, I had to make them up on Wednesday, meaning that I didn’t have a mid-week free day to go stalking Chechens and/or Iraqis. Assuming that I am healthy, I *will* be having a bit of an adventure this weekend, however. Kendje (my boss) will be taking me, A and K to Lake Issyk-Kul (the largest lake in Kyrgyzstan) for the weekend. Granted, it’s not exactly lake-going weather, what with it still being frigid and all, but it should be an adventure nonetheless. I just hope I’m done coughing and sneezing by then! And, of course, I’ll tell you all about it as soon as I get back. Or perhaps on Monday. Or whenever the internet café has electricity. In the mean time, occupy yourself by scrolling down and reading the next two NEW posts!

No comments:

Post a Comment