Friday, December 28, 2012

Women’s Day Paint Party

March 9, 2008

Saturday was Women's Day, which is a BIG DEAL in the former Soviet Union. While it was quite nice to get flowers and chocolate from my students, I could've done without the attendant drama (the unwanted attentions of the married man and the creepy twik guy, for example). Sigh. Why is it always the creepy and/or otherwise taken ones who are interested? Seriously, what gives? Ahh well.

My friends and I celebrated the holiday in a rather unorthodox fashion: we painted my kitchen/living room orange! Well, more of a bright peach, really. It's *exactly* the color I want to paint my kitchen in The Small Southern Town, and after seeing the results I'm even more convinced that this is the correct color choice.

Photobucket
Before.

Photobucket
Mixing the paint was an interesting affair. See, here in K-stan, you have to mix your paint yourself. There's no friendly Lowe's or Home Depot staff member to do it for you. We were rather worried as to how it would turn out. Luckily, it turned out beautifully.

Photobucket
Voila! My new kitchen/living room!

No comments:

Post a Comment